Welcome!

"Success in life has nothing to do with what you gain in life or accomplish for

yourself. It's what you do for others."-DannyThomas

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Life Lessons from Radio Presenters!


“If your vocation becomes your vacation you will never have to work for the rest of your life” -Unknown

Before now, I never had a knack for radio. Radio? Count me out! I am not cut out for it. If you had told me that I would become a lover of radio in the past I would never concur! I love watching telecast, and more especially listening to recorded messages on my phone. I use my phone for two major things-listening to recorded messages and listening to Gospel musics. I had radio on my phone but I would never dare tuning in to the radio. I just did’nt like it!

After many years, my sister who is a radio freak continued to tell me the several benefits in listening to the radio. She would tell me how flexible it was with the use of radio. "you do not have to wait till the lights are on before you can listen to the news and do a whole lot of things” she once told me. So one day I decided to change! Though, it did not come easy, why I was forced to change was when I lost my memory card. I did not have the money to get another one and I had to keep myself busy whenever I feel bored.

My first attempt to listen and participate on a radio program (Radio Continental) was on the 16th of November, 2012. With time I realized I began to enjoy every bit of the programs been aired. I became addicted to the radio over a long period of time! And I must confess that I have learnt so much in the few months I began listening to radio than the years I have spent watching telecast programs! In fact do you know that radio is more preferrable to the television because in radio you are little or not poisoned in your mind. In telecast programs, we are been bombarded with dirty pictures that erode our minds and degrade our morality. (well this is not the topic of my article) (Radio or Television which is better? And how have they contributed to nation building?)

In all the seconds, minutes, hours, weeks, months I have spent listening to radio programs I have learnt so much but but there is one major thing I have observed in all the time I been listening and participating in radio programs. One things that had informed me so greatly that I could no longer bear than to turn to the computer and began to write about, one thing that I am so glad to share with my friend! What is it? Can you guess? It is a marriage between Love and WORK. Perhaps you do not comprehend, I mean: Their love for their work.

Have you not observed the way radio presenters play while they work? How they do what they love and still get paid for it. This is the greatest statement I have ever thought about ‘True success comes when you turn your vocation into your vacation’. A great thinker also said “If your vocation becomes your vacation you will never have to work for the rest of your life”. People whose ‘work’ is their hobby, their deepest interest do not actually work. Why? Because they are in love with what they do. So they never feel it. Footballers earn so much money by simply doing what they have always loved doing.

Life becomes worth living if we can only find what we love to do, sharpen it and start doing it so excellently that it becomes a money making factory. A friend of my was counseling me, he said ‘Discover your gift, Develop your gift, and Deploy your gift. This is the only key to a fulfilled life” How true this is. Many people today are enslaved in jobs they never like doing. They only do it because they want to get paid. This is enslavement of the highest order. True success is not measured by how much your earn but by how much joy your derieve from what you do.

Research has proven that the one major cause of stress, illness and frustration today is because people are not simply happy with what they do. It’s not fulfilling but they just have to do it. Life goes on. Many people like Garfield always hate Mondays, but they have to go or they get sacked. I was listening to a radio program on Unilag FM and as the convener was wraping up the show, he said to his college on air ‘we have to leave now for Lamuo to come” but to my greatest chagrin, the lady in question was very hesistant. While murmuring, she said ‘ Oh! I don’t want to go home”. I was inspired! She had become so engrossed and obsessed with what she do that she never want to stop doing it. Many On-air personalities would spent the whole night talking, reporting, answering questions and even laughing. Why? Because they are in love with what they do.

Are you in love with what you do? Are you sure you are not clinged to that job simply because they pay better? If you have never find what you could do without being paid, you have never found your purpose, your callings, your gifts and your potentials. If you don’t want to live an unfulfilled life, and die of high blood pressure or hypertention then find your gift! Find what you always love doing with joy. Find that thing that stirs you up that things that keeps you alive!

Birds love to fly,
Fishes love to swim,
Chettahs love to run,
Monkeys love to climb and dive,
Lions love to roar,
Cocks love to crow,
Hyneas love to laugh,
Eagles love to soar,
Rain love to pour,
Sun love to shine, and
Thunders love to strike,

If these lower things could find what they love doing, something they enjoy doing, what about you an image of God, endowned with treasures, and unfathomable powers?


Gracias,
be INSPIRED!
CYPRIAN HENRY
08088733350

1 comment:

  1. I like this thought a lot and until now I had never herd the quote.

    “If your vocation becomes your vacation you will never have to work for the rest of your life”

    I like this quote by Confucius "Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.”

    It can be hard to find the thing we love most especially if we've never done it before how do we know that we would like it?

    An easy way to help resolve this quest is to ask the question
    "what would I do if I didn't have to work for money?"

    My answer would be to go around and help the needy,

    Have a great day and keep up the great content.

    ReplyDelete