Welcome!

"Success in life has nothing to do with what you gain in life or accomplish for

yourself. It's what you do for others."-DannyThomas

Saturday, April 21, 2012

YOUTHFUL AND USEFUL

‘Enjoy your youth, do all that your heart desires, eat all that you want,
But remember God will judge all our actions’- T.E.V
Benjamin Carson receives an award for his academic achievements
Growing up as a young person, if the truth be told, I have committed  many atrocities. I have indulged myself in many ungodly actions for which I am still unhappy about. Yes God has forgiven me but the scars left in my heart still hurts. This is one of the basic reasons I am bent at impacting young people in my own little way. Nineteen years is gone and cannot be retrieved . It is gone and gone forever. If  I were to  be given an account for all want I spent all those years certainly my account book would be blank. If they were to pay each person one cent for every bad he did, believe me I would be the richest on earth. That is why I am not ashamed to tell anyone of the mistakes I did in the past with my life so they could learn . Like Merlin said 'I am an open book' .Our lives are meant to be an open book that every one can read and our lives are meant to the mirror through which others see through.We are meant to have no skeletons in our closet.

God surely loves me that was why he did not allow me  perish while I was in  the path of darkness and ignorance. He still gave me a second chance to retrace my steps. Like He rightly noted He ‘Stands at the door of our heart knocking to see if we would open that he may come in and eat with us’ I failed Him many times yet he never cast me out totally. As a youth full of strength, verve and elixir, I have come to believe that I am not just meant to be youthful but also meant to be useful. I am not created to destroy but to build. I am not made to live but to impact. Like Jesus said through the Psalmist, King David ‘We are fearfully and wonderfully made’. To be fearful made infers that we were created for some special and specific use and assignment. I am created to execute a mandate. And I believe by the special grace of God I will be useful in God’s hands and in this world.

Definitely, as young people we desire freedom, to live stress- free lives. To enjoy everything, and to have it all. But pause here and read that quote on top this little piece. True and impact-full living is all about our choices and sacrifices. Like they said ‘we cannot have our cake and eat it’ we are created to be youthful and useful in the hands of God. When I say useful in the hands of God I am not saying we must be Prayer Warrior in our churches, or pastors, or prophet or prophetess. All I am saying is that God must be using you to touch and changing people’s lives. Like I wrote in my little article titled ‘Man of Value’. I noted that we are not truly living until we are of value to our home, community and our world. It is a sad thing that young people have sold their usefulness and values to the Devil. He is now using them to fulfill his own mission here on earth. For how long shall we continue to live ignorantly? For how long shall live in darkness. Jesus said ‘Ye are the light of the world... a city on the hill that cannot be hid, Let your light so shine amongst men that they may see your good works and glorify your father which is in heaven’ Many young people can sing but they had decided to use that ability to lure people into sin. Many can dance but you only find them in night clubs and hotels, many can talk, but they have made up their mind to gossip, many young people can persuade people but they use it to persuade others into doing ungodly things, many can write but you only see them write seducing love letter and post fetish comment on their face book walls, many ladies are beautiful but they use that as an instrument to seduce men.

Like someone once said ‘Youth is only a journey, a phase that we pass through to fulfill our assignments here on earth’ what he is trying to say is that we will not remain young for ever. To be youthful is a medium, a chance for us to deliver our mandate her on earth we shall later go to our creator to give account. Solomon had all he wanted, he had women, gold and silver, wealth and wisdom, and he still said all was like ‘chasing the wind ‘Vanity upon vanity’. He gave an antidote to vanity  when he said ‘Remember now thy creator in the days of your youth’ and it is only when we remember God in our youthful age can he make us useful in life. So all those things you are chasing after, the money, the girls, the land, the fame are all of no use. It is our positive influence that makes us useful in life. You can be a Doctor and still be useful, a lawyer, an Engineer, a teacher you name it. What matters most is that you depart from evil and live exemplary lives, lives that please God. Many youths out there are perishing, they are dying of ignorance.
Always remember, we are created to be useful so that was why God decided to make us youths, strong and agile in other we could have enough time to pursue and deliver the details of our assignment here on earth. Wake up, even if you have fallen many times, dust up yourself and move on. God is always there to en-grace us. Take charge and deliver your destiny                               

6 comments:

  1. It’s really a great and helpful piece of information. I am glad that you shared this useful info with us. Please keep us informed like this. Thanks for sharing.
    Related web post – Some secret way for keep the youthfulness

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am impacted too and I will do my best to share with others." The task before us is prestigious. But future generation will not easily forgive us for our mistakes"-Unknown

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am impacted too and I will do my best to share with others." The task before us is prestigious. But future generation will not easily forgive us for our mistakes"-Unknown

    ReplyDelete
  4. Youthful aren't the issue but being Useful and be fruitful in all you do is the issue. It is Better to be Youthful, Useful and Fruitful all you do, that Will simply bring happiness to all and You

    ReplyDelete