Welcome!

"Success in life has nothing to do with what you gain in life or accomplish for

yourself. It's what you do for others."-DannyThomas

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

How to avoid Untimely Death: Lessons from Dana Plane Crash!


‘Order my steps in your word everyday, lead me, guide me everyday and let your anointing fall as I pray’
-A popular Gospel Singer

I
magine that all those who perished at the Dana plane crashed were alive today after the incident on Sunday and you had the privileged [Yes I said privilege because they were dignitaries!] to ask them if they knew they were going to die. Believe me! They will humbly tell you that they knew. How? You might ask. How would they see their accident and decided to have their necks bent on being a victim? Simple! They would tell you that they had signs, feelings, dreams and strange warnings about the journey they embarked on which they simply ignored. This article below will guide you on how to avoid untimely accident and also help understand how God works with human beings when he wants to communicate a message to us. Read on if you want to learn timeless lessons that my mother taught me which hardly would any one tell you!

The aircraft just before it left Abuja airport
The Dana Girls before the crash
Considering the whole incident that slammed Lagos on Sunday, I kept asking myself some daunting questions. I was curious. I wanted to know if there was a way those people could have saved their selves from that dead trap. Questions like these surged within my mind ‘What actually went wrong?’ ‘Was it God’s will for over 163 people to lose their lives prematurely? The more I realize that what happened on Sunday could have happened to me the more my mind thirst for a soothing answer to my disturbing questions. So I decided to ask my mother.  I asked my mother ‘Why did those people die? ‘Was it that they did not pray!? My mother in her wisdom began to teach me timeless lesson which I could have not learned from anywhere in this world. In response she said to me ‘It wasn’t that they never prayed; it was just that they did not listen well’ she said withdrawing her word ‘In fact it is by grace’ she began to educate me.
   
Let suppose all those people who died in the plane were to be alive today, I bet you they would tell you that they had the ‘feelings of reluctance’  ‘a sign of warning for the incident ahead of their journey’. Many of them would have strange dreams which they ignored because they wanted to catch up with one thing or the other. In the news I read on line someday ago I found out that five NUC [National Universities Commission] staff were also killed in the plane crash amongst known dignitaries of this country. According to the reporter, they were said to be on official assignment to review some proposed private universities in some parts of the country. So they would leave with only that assignment brothering their minds and nothing else.
    
My mother recounted how my father was salvaged by a dream my sister had. My Father had planned to leave Lagos for Imo State for a burial Ceremony which was to come up in barely two days. [Thursday precisely since the burial hold proper on Friday] He had made all his arrangements for the next two days only for my Sister Linda to wake up on Wednesday morning with a dream she had. She called us together and told us her dream. In her dream, she saw my Dad die. There was sobering and weeping in our house and according to her ‘It was terrible’. In fear, my mother encouraged my Father to decline from going to the Village due to the nature of the dream. My father never wanted to. He said ‘I believe strongly that nothing will happen to me. Don’t worry I will be safe’ he said to us. So we all agreed and went on with the days chores.

At about noon that very day, a message got to us that our Father was knocked down in a motor cycle accident and that he had a dislocation between his joints around his knees. To cut the long story short, my Father did not travel instead my Mother decided to travel since my Father had a dislocation and could not walk not until 4 weeks later. Do you what happened when my Mother came back? My mother said the burial went well but that a woman who she did not know approached her and asked her ‘Did your husband came with you?’ My mother replied ‘No, he is not feeling well’. The woman began to praise God and began to sing and call God various names. In curiosity my Mother asked her ‘Why are you doing this?’ ‘Are you happy my husband is not feeling well’ The woman replied ‘Yes I am happy your husband is ill and above all that he is not here today because they have proposed that he is going to be poisoned today!’ ‘Thank your God’.
 What lessons do you learn from that true life story above? God never wanted my father to die. Though my Father must have prayed but he was unable to listen to the signs God was giving to him. So He decided to communicate it through my sister Linda in form of a dream. My sister was attuned to God’s sign. Above all my sister has this gift of prophesy that was the major reason why my Mother never takes her dreams for levity. Whatever she see in her dreams always come to pass.
How to avoid untimely death:
In December, year 2005, my mother was prepared to travel for another burial ceremony in her home town in Delta State. Due to the fact that a few of my siblings had never had the medium to go to her home town to see her old mother [Our grand mother], she decided to take along with her our firth born by name Chukwudi, whom was just a few years old and our fourth born Sandra who was about 9 years old as at then. So my mother set out for this journey which could have been the end of their life! My mother had prayed for safety all through the journey but she never paid so much attention to the signs God was signaling to her. By then my mother was not as strong as she is now. She was a ‘budding Christian’. What was the sign which God was throwing at her?
As she narrated the story to me, Chukwudi, which was about a year old, was crying bitterly from the house but it the intensity of his cry skyrocketed immediately they got to the Bus Park. According to her ‘I have never seen any of my child cry like this’ she told a woman who got interested with the fine boy. My mother was more annoyed when Chukwudi ‘pop poed’, she almost missed the bus but she was determined to go as she was late. In fact many people began to insinuate ‘Maybe your pikin no won travel with you’ they said humorously but God was trying to pass a message to my mother. So fortunately for her, she left with the bus.

My mother continued ‘Prior to the time we got to Ore; Chukwudi stopped crying and was playing with his sister Sandra. The woman who was earlier interested in Chukwudi was amazed at the fact that a boy who could cry as loud as that could also play like this. So she volunteered to carry Chukwudi and they played all through. Another man decided to carry Sandra in order to ease the heavy load my mother was carrying. When they got to Ore, something happened; the driver lost control of the steering, his brakes failed and what happened within a twinkling of an eye was a mystery. The car somersaulted four times recounted passers by before it came to a stop. The next place my mother found her self was in a hospital. Was my mother wounded? Did she die and resurrected again? Hey! What about Chukwudi and Sandra? Did they die? Do you want to know what happened to them? Read on!

About 10 people were discovered dead. The vehicle was seriously crushed and folded together. The driver died also. About 6 people had deep cuts and seriously wounded. The woman who carried Chukwudi had her ears sliced in two halves! The man who carried Sandra broke his arms and ribs. My mother was slightly injured. Chukwudi and Sandra were unharmed! They were shinning their eyes like little stars! What a miracle! Praise God. If not for God that was how I could have lose my mother and two of my beloved siblings!

As the Dana plane crash happened on Sunday, 3rd of June 2012, it reminded us of all the accidents we would have lose our lives not just because we never prayed but because we could not listen well to the leading of the spirit of God!
My mother gave me six indispensable laws God uses to give us direction when we want to engage in a journey and to avoid untimely death.
1. Be clean!
My mother insists that ‘A person whose hands are clean from evil never dies shamefully’ She will always conclude like this ‘……but let your hands be clean’ She believes that no human can cut her life short when her hands are clean and she enjoys an intimate relationship with her creator. We have to ensure that our lives are constantly scrutinized to checkmated secret sins locking deep down. We must fight to be holy and live a life patterned after God. When we are sinless God becomes really interested in the protection of our lives because He said ‘I will fight for you and you shall hold your peace’ He even added ‘No weapon formed against you shall prosper’. So the motto is ‘Be clean! Be clean! Be clean!
Read my article: The dangers of sin
2. Understand yourself!
My mother told me that for one to know how God speaks to us we need to understand oneself. God hardly speaks directly to us; it does not mean God do not speak to us at all, he does but He communicates to each one of us on a different level. God speaks to us through our feelings, our dreams. He speaks to us whenever we are in doubts, in crossroads, and in total confusion. He speaks to different people in different ways. So your duty form onwards is to study yourself. When you’re between two delicate decisions try and listen, and compare the two still voices within you. It only when we know how God communicates to us that we can understand what He is trying to say. For me, this is quite hard but I have taken a strong decision to study and understand myself if truly I value my life!

3. Pray!
King Solomon in his wisdom remarked in his books proverbs. In chapter 16:3 King Solomon said ‘Commit your ways to the LORD and he will direct your steps’. In Nigeria today, everyone is in a hurry. When we jump out of bed we are already obsessed with what we did not finish yesterday. It is when we begin to remember that when have to meet up with one thing or the other without first committing the rest of the day into the hands of God. We have been hardwired for this habit and it runs in our blood stream. We forget to even say, ‘thank you God for making me alive to see this day again knowing that many had died yesterday; Knowing that many wanted to see today but were not alive to see it. Thank you God for granting me this opportunity, take the rest of my day and direct me in it’. I am also guilty of this ill behavior.

Some one said ‘I never begin a day which I have not conquered’. That I am living today is not by my own workings, desire, or strength, it is solely by God’s saving grace. We get that God’s saving grace by communicating to God with via prayers. And the more we pray to him the more of the saving grace God makes available to us. Somebody said ‘Maybe the plane crash was God’s will’ but I totally disagree with that statement. God has never had it in his plans to waste the lives of 167 people just like that. God is not a member of the mindless BOKO HARAM. He is a loving God, kind at heart. He said through Isaiah ‘Fear not for I am with you’.  God has given each one of us a freedom of choice whether to serve him or to ignore him. Whether to call on his name through prayers or to cast him into the trash can

4. See the end from the beginning:
My mother told me ‘Whenever I want to embark on a journey and I pray, I see myself in that place, if I do not see myself I will not continue the journey’.  My mother said that, seeing yourself in a place where you intend to go [especially long journeys, village meetings etc] is a pointer or indication that your journey would be safe and sound. It is a confirmatory test that makes your journey valid.
Even Jesus Christ said ‘I can of my own self do nothing; as I hear so I judge’. Jesus in spite of his magnanimous powers and wisdom had to get a ‘go ahead’ from His Father before he does anything.  So we can learn from this timeless wisdom my mother has unleashed to me. ‘But mummy what if I pray and I see nothing. What if I do not dream about anything’ I asked my mother. That would lead us to the next law.

5. Pray Again!
When we pray and do not see the end from the beginning, the advice my mother would drum into your head is ‘pray again!’ It might be that you never conducted your first prayer well. It might be that there are still some sins locking inside our hearts, it might be that we have not used the right words. Just pray again and ensure that at this time you are violent in the spirit and God will have no option than to show you or give you a sign that will lead to your answer.  Remember that only the violent takes it by force.
6. Step Out
At this point, we are only stepping out because we have prayed, and gotten and evidence that confirms that God want us to leave from our environs. Now one can now step out with faith and believe that nothing can harm us again not even the fear of Boko Haram! Here, God is already aware that His son or daughter is leaving and it is His sole duty to protect them from the wiles of Satan. I believe that if every Nigerian can live by these principles outlined and elucidated above we can save ourselves from every power of wickedness and uncontrollable forces controlling this world. Because I have to come to believe that this world is governed by unseen forces!

Blessings!

MY CONDELENCE TO THE BEREAVED
My heart goes out for all those who have in one way or the other have shared in the pain of the ghastly air accident that struck in Lagos within a suburb town around Agege which killed at least 163 people on Sunday. I personally shared from that sad chapter in the history of Nigeria. My cousin who got married lately was killed with her husband in the plane crash. What a great loss! This is the same reason why I decided to write this note to you all.
May the souls all the faithful departed through the mercy of God rest in perfect peace. Amen!

CYPRIAN UDEBUIKE

No comments:

Post a Comment