Welcome!

"Success in life has nothing to do with what you gain in life or accomplish for

yourself. It's what you do for others."-DannyThomas

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

A Letter to Jesus



‘In this is love, not that we first loved God but He loved us and send His son to be a propriatator for our sins’ (1 John 4:10)

Dear Jesus,
 I love you and I will always love you. You have always shown yourself to be a good friend to me, my friends, my enemies, my family and my country where I was born. I have lost count of the number of times I have failed you, and tried to trick you. I have made rash promises to you which I neither kept nor fulfilled. But do you know what baffles me? You never stop being God! You did not say ‘Oh my gosh! This useless boy thinks He can tread on my shoes and go scot-free. I am going to show him I am His creator and that all powers belong to me’. You did not whip me like our earthly parents did. Even if you did ‘whip’ me, your other hand was always there to receive me again with love.

I have been loved quite alright but not as you have loved me. For we humans, love truly have it limits, but for you- your love for me and the world have no limit. You remember you said to the Pharisees that ‘what love is greater than this that a man lay down His life for others’. On my bed, on the streets, when I write, when I eat, when I read, when I play, in all that I do, guess what I feel? Of course it is your love. I have chosen and decided to tie my soul to no other person or a girl [no mater how beautiful she paints herself to be], but you. I have decided to always love you because you loved and died for me even before I saw the first lights and heard the first sound which was my whelping cry. Your love for me and my family is more than invaluable. This is the major reason I will tell anyone who cares to listen of your love and your kindheartedness.

Dear Jesus, what can I give you in return that you did not give me. I have search the entire earth but I could not find what to give you to re-compensate all that you did for me. That is why I will continue to praise you and address the glory unto you. When I remember all that you went through on the road to Golgotha, how you were denied by your own disciple, how you were stripped almost naked, beaten, spat upon and finally crucified on a tree, I burst into tears. But because you loved me, you never refused all those insults and assaults; you bared it all-just for me. Here I am today with my heads bowed in shame and guilt; receive me for making you go through all that you went for me once again. Forgive me all my sins [for they are too many and deadly], my evil thoughts, greed, lust, and a host of others. Wash me with your cleansing blood and inscribe my name in the BOOK OF LIFE. Look upon me with mercy, do not take away your holy spirit from me, because the moment you do I am doomed for the rest of my life. Give me wisdom, discretion, knowledge and Understanding. Reveal me to myself. Show me my assignment and I will diligently execute them without questions.

My Lord, soonest I will be dropping this pen, but I want to make you understand that I have decided to follow you until the end. I know the end is rewarding and promising but just like Joseph I have too many challenges, trials and temptations waiting to hinder me. There are forces which are unfathomable; I humbly ask that you give me the grace to scale through all of them. Make me an instrument in your hands just like King David beseeched of you. Especially My LORD, give me inner strength and self discipline to fight off the temptations these earthly ladies present me with. Rather make me meet a woman like Esther, Abigail, Ruth, Sarah, and all those that will support my destiny while I am here on earth.  My mind is made up to follow you and I will never turn my back again on you. Me, my household will serve you if it be the last thing I will ever do. I will serve you with my life; I will honor you with my wealth and possessions. I will never forget the poor, the sick, the less privileged, the home less. I will do all that is in my power to build your church.

If there is any other thing I am forgetting I will never forget this only one thing and that is-My love for you. I am in love with you. Take my soul, my body, my heart, my mind, my intellect, my talents, my strength, for they are all yours.
Yours Affectionately,
Your son and servant,
Cyprian Henry


No comments:

Post a Comment