Welcome!

"Success in life has nothing to do with what you gain in life or accomplish for

yourself. It's what you do for others."-DannyThomas

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

IS THERE NO MEDICINE IN NIGERIA?


 Is there no medicine in Gilead? Jer.8:22

Nigeria, the giant of Africa, like she is fondly called may be likened to Gilead. How?, you may ask. The word Gilead means: A region east of Jordan, famous for plants that were used for medicinal purposes.  Here stills asks 'Is there not medicine in Gilead? A land well known for medicinal plants, a land richly blessed with medicinal herbs. This is the state of Nigeria today.-A country that is blessed with milk and honey, a country that is well deposited with plethora mineral resources yet Her people are still suffering? That is why like Jeremiah I ask 'Is there no medicine in Nigeria' Jeremiah felt a burden in his heart for the fate and future of the people he had been called to lead. He saw the problems facing the people of Is-realities that he was prompted to ask "Is there no medicine in Gilead?"


Many of us have felt the pains of bad Leadership, dilapidated infrastructures, pot holes that posed itself has dead traps waiting to take the lives of our citizens, ill treatment offered to patients at hospitals, and many. I believe you know them more than I do. What about the epileptic power supply that had chased company and industries out of their fatherland? In fact I wrote this article with a candle light. What about the economic recession? I once read from a magazine that about 2 million children or thereabout go to bed daily without food in Nigeria! It's really disheartening,in spite of the fact that we are sitting on a goldmine.

Nigerian is acclaimed to be the giant of Africa, yes I agree but who will bridge this roomy gap between the "haves" and haves-not". How many of this so called rich men will stoop low to raise hands that's in need. Ha I am in pain right now! Nigerians claim to be one of the blessed African countries, yet people are still suffering. People are still dying of starvation and from lack of care and frustration. In the words of late M.K.O Abiola, he said "To be rich is to reach others" I think I agree  vehemently to that statement. I will say this again, Nigerian is endowed with plethora mineral resources but we have not done anything meaningful with it to help save the lives of her citizens.

Nigeria is beset with pervasive problems in spite of her free gifts of nature. Greed have succeeded in controlling the people on top. They have forgotten the people  below so soon. Why? I felt this same feelings Jeremiah felt, and I have no other option than to scream in my prayers"Is there no medicine in Nigeria?"
"I wish my head were a well of water, and my eyes a fountain of tears, so that I could cry day and night for my people who have been killed-Jer9:1
-Where do the solutions lie?
-What are our leaders doing?
-Let's stand up for what is right!
-Let start and keep praying for our country!
-Let manage our resources!
Let  remember the poor!
"Despite the challenges today, despite the destruction, I believe in our country let hear this:
The sounds of violence will be heard no more, destruction will not shatter your(our) country again. I will protect and defend you like a wall; you will praise me because I have saved you" Says the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment