Welcome!

"Success in life has nothing to do with what you gain in life or accomplish for

yourself. It's what you do for others."-DannyThomas

Thursday, January 20, 2011

THE NIGERIA I SEE IS NOT AN ACCIDENT

In the year 1960, Nigeria was not born, Nigeria was only entrusted into her hands talents, gifts and resources to manage. What are the talents that God entrusted in the hands of Nigeria? Well, they are neither latent nor non existent, they abound everywhere. You can see it, it's crystal clear. Nigerian have plethora resources like crude oil(the most resourceful part of her gifts), good climatic conditions, good vegetation, tin, and lots more.

 In the year 1960,October to be precise, till date, Nigeria had been striving to put their heads above waters. Nigeria though glued to corruption and other vices which soul and mind can not bear had been doing their best. Many people including our rulers had bowed out as regards putting Nigeria on the right track of leadership. I hate it when I hear people say that Nigeria is a forbidden Nation to dwell in, others lament it is a corrupt nation. I am sick and tired of seeing people pollute the atmosphere with lethal and profane words that are derogatory to the development of Nigeria as a nation. In the book of Jer. 1:5 it says "Before I formed thee in the womb, I knew thee and before thou camest out of the womb, I sanctify thee" The big query for us all is, how much have you contributed to the development of your fatherland? How have you treated the person next to you? How have you cared for the poor? How often do you pray for this same nation you lament about all day long? ''To move the world we must first move ourselves" is the words of John C. Maxwell.This is the the only truth, if you keep complaining and never do anything positive toward the betterment of your fatherland, you will never be happy, or don't you know that one positive deed wrapped with love and care can go a long as touching many lives?Nigeria of today is never an accident or a mishap of any form. Nigeria is one of the richest countries in the world. I have a vision that one day, Nigeria shall be a country to be sought after. People will fly aircraft from different parts of the globe to see to converge on a land of unlimited and plethora resources.

   Before God form Nigeria, he knew how big, beautiful and blessed she would become. He made calculated plans. He created Nigeria with utmost care and passion and I believe strongly he loves Nigeria with the same magnitude of love He had for the people of Israel. Nigerians are the Israelite of our time still searching for Moses who will lead her to the promised Land. Who said Nigeria is not blessed, Take a few seconds from your minutes and cast your mind on the Nigerian's Music sector and you will see how unlimited and generous God is. Take a few minute again from your hours and fix your mind on our movie Industry and see how far Nigeria has gone. I can continue giving examples again and again. God has been faithful! I love what pastor Adeboye said "Learn to thank God for those things you regard as little things"Sometimes Last year, I heard from a news broadcast of how a huge flood invaded Australia and claimed many lives and properties. I also heard of how disastrous tornadoes hit big Nations and consistently depriving them of lives, vegetation and properties. I believe you heard of the earthquake that paid a visit to Haiti not long ago and swallowed umpteen lives.What would I say of the fatal Tsunami that that happened at China,people running helter skelter, , a family of five buried alive. But hardly do these ugly trends happen in Nigeria.I heard somebody said humorously"The only Tsunami facing Nigeria is Corruption" True, but nevertheless we shall surmount it with time. The Nigeria I see is not an accident!

  For Nigeria as a nation to now walk miraculously into that light God had called her to, we need a renewal of our minds, we should obliterate thoughts of backwardness, blame and fill it with thoughts of hope, thanks giving, joy and be convince and believe in our hearts that Nigeria is on the verge of change. Nigeria is becoming better. The basic problem of Nigeria is Bad Leadership that was why the bible declare in Jer 9:12 ...."I asked "Lord, why is the land devastated and dry as a desert, so that no man travels through? Who is wise enough to understand this? To whom have you explain it so that he can tell others? The lord answered and said "This has happened because my people have abandoned the teaching that I gave them. They have not obeyed me or done what I told them ...." Despite that God still forgives us and spare our Nation. He told Moses in the book of Exodus " I will have mercy on those I have have mercy and compassion on those I will have compassion" Nigeria is on God's mercy list, so we have got to change our phyche!

 Nigerian need a visioner, a servant, a true steward, a person who will listen to the needs of the community, a person who is humble to the poor, a person who will live for others. Nigeria needs a breath of fresh new air. She need a person who has a vision and who is also on a mission to transform every sector of the Nation. Nigeria need a God-sent who will be willing to think of his subjects first before thinking of himself. In the words of Fela Durotoye he said "Nigeria don't actutually need rulers, we need leaders" The Devil foreseeing into the future of a great Nation( Nigeria) decided to jeopardize it by assigning Bad leaders who are self-centered. I believe in the Name of Jesus, that God is rescuing us from the shackles of bad leadership, from the shackles of corruption and Disgrace. He is bringing us into a new light, the place He called the promise Land. Sometimes I cringe in pains, tears well up my eyes when I see talents, and ideas waste because the environment they happen to find themselves do not give a medium to unleash them. I see people who are capable of building lofty conglomerates, waste, I see children who are suppose to be in school hawk and even conduct commuter buses(molues). I am exhausted of the statusquo. We can't just sit back, fold our hands and watch opportunities, Gifts, potentials and resources elude us! Nigeria has to change!

 Dear friend, the change begins with you and I, its in our hands, let's spread it like the virus,, surrender your life to God so his glory can emit from you. Live for him, radiate love, peace, kindness, joy anywhere you happen to be. Remember you are capable of touching and changing many lives as possible in Nigeria, the journey begins with you and I. As for me I will never stop influencing my generation because the Nigeria I see is not and would never be an accident.

Your friend,
Cyprian Udebuike.                                        

No comments:

Post a Comment